1983 TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

I HAVE A 1983 CHEVY IROC-Z 305 AUTOMATIC, AND IT WILL NOT SHIFT OUT OF 1ST GEAR. DOES ANYONE NOW WHY? IS IT HAVE A BAD TRANSMISSION OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE.

I HAVE A 1983 CHEVY IROC-Z 305 AUTOMATIC, AND IT WILL NOT SHIFT OUT OF 1ST GEAR. DOES ANYONE NOW WHY? IS IT HAVE A BAD TRANSMISSION OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE.

How is the fluid level? Has anyone checked the modulator valve? Good places to start and cheap too
ALSO CHECK THE T.V. CABLE. IT CONNECTS THE THROTTLE LINKAGE ON THE CARB TO THE TRANSMISSION. IF IT'S BROKEN, THE TRANSMISSION WILL ALWAYS THINK YOU'VE GOT THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR.
-rev
Did the vacuum line to the modulator come unhooked?
On 22 Mar 2006 16:04:04 -0800, "ericbrown snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"