1984 Firebird grille replacement

Howdy all,
I am going to change out my grille on my 84 Firebird. Currently it has the black louver(?) type grille. I am going to replace it with a fiberglass
insert. Before I do that, I was wondering if this would cause any type of engine over heating?
Thanks in advance!
Jim
the airdam should take care of that, why else would they offer those inserts?