1986 camaro transmisions

my 86 camaro tranny is tooo small to be th350. it has a tailshaft that is removeable. tryin to figure out what kind it is. also has a lockout torque converter does anyone know anything about this?

Reply to
michael swetland sr

michael swetland sr

Most likely a 700R4. Thats the most common auto trans used in the 3rd gen.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

My 84 had a TH400. 4 speed automatic. Also an 83 with the same tranny.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang

Then my owners manual was printed wrong.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang

Sorry, 3 speed automatic..

Reply to
Bruce Chang

My bullshit meter just went off the scale!

Reply to
Dennis Smith

*LMAO* Yeah, the only way the car would have something like that in it, would be if someone installed it as a replacement alternative... not out of the factory. That's for sure. More than likely you had a TH200. I don't think the 700R4 debut wasn't until later.
Reply to
83 Daytona TA

that guy is an idiot

the only STOCK A/T was the 700R4

I have one in my 86 T/A and the electronic version in my 98 GMC Sonoma (4L60E)

Jason Sobol