1994 Z28 Problem Starting (Help)

Hello I am in the Marines and have put my Camaro (LT1 5.7L) car in storage twice since being stationed overseas. I have trouble starting it to to an idle (sporadic) but once it starts it runs like a top. It does not happen all the time. Just put new plugs in it and I am a one owner of this car. It will turn over then run then start running choppy. Then when you restart it it runs perfectly fine. Any one have an idea what might be causing that? I only run Shell Premium on this thing or EXXON gas. Always 93 octane. I have run the gas down to almost nothing and refilled it at another Shell Gas station. Dont think its bad gas. Please help me anyone?

Derrick

1st Sgt USMC
Reply to
dhenry101

hello Derrick,

have had something similar with my V6. It was the generator. And depending on the battery's loading level it could be like you write. Whats the voltage level at the battery terminals on low rpm? (My gen. didnt load at low rpm)

John

"dhenry101" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
John Fulton

Thanks for the heads up John. I will take a look at that issue. I just put a new battery in it and it got plenty of Cold Cranking Amps. Did not check the alternator yet. Did your car have an issue with keying the ignition a couple of times then it fires right up? That is what mine is doing. Runs fine when it starts. Thanks and take care.

Derrick

Reply to
dhenry101

looks like your ign switch shows either an high transfer resistance or looses connection sometimes.

Try moving the starter key a little while engine runs properly (not while driving!).

greetings

"dhenry101" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
John Fulton

John I took it to MR Goodwrench's advice when I took it to the GMC dealership. They troubleshot it and recommended a TPI Plate Cleaning followed by a Fuel System cleaning as well. I took thier advice and had them do it. They told me they could not get any cold start problems, or any problems like I explained; but still recommended this course of action based off my cars explainded behavior. Well that did not fix it. The next morning it went back to the same old behavior. So they told me (Chevy dealership) to bring it back and they would take a look at it again. Problem is they keep wanting to charge for a troublshoot. Not sure if I trust them. This looks like a try. If I get any more issues I will record it then show them. Kind of wierd how cars develope issues only at home not at the dealership. Thank you for the heads up. I will give it a shot.

Take care

Derrick

1st Sgt USMC
Reply to