1995 Firebird V6... Cant get SES light to flash using paperclip ... need help

I have a 1995 V6, its got ODB I but the ODB II connector.
No (ODB II) scan tool so far has been able to read the codes.
I've tried shorting out one or two combinations of pins but cant get
my SES light to flash.
Questions:
1) is there a way to use the paperclip test on this car? 2) what scan tool might be able to pull the codes from this car?
Its really bothering me because my SES light will come on after about 20min every drive, usually with I'm letting off the gas or just hitting the breaks. I want to know if its some sort of vacuum issue but I just cant get the darn codes out of the system!

You have already found out the 95's were a hybrid--OB1 using an OB2 receptacle. The scanner companies make a special lead to read those codes. HTH, s

If you find a solution, please let me know...I having the same issue.