1996 pontiac firebird

I have 2 problems . 1st one is my volt gauge fluctuates when i start slowing down or sometimes just for no reason 2nd problem is when i turn my lights on the left side brake lights quit working and when i have the right
turn signal on the left side kinda blinks with it only when the brake lights are on . any help will be appreciated i am starting to get very flustered
Sounds like a bad ground to me.

Gary - KQ6RT wrote:

    Let me Second that. Even Pros will over look ground problems. Get a wiring schematic for your car. Trace down the ground locations, check Each ground for the affected circuits. It can be a pain to do it, yet it's less expensive then paying some one else to do it. Charles
wires are coming from/going to...the more complex these damned electrical systems get, the stranger connections you see...
I had a dead dash once, and after days of trying to trace the error, it turned out to be a bad wire on a sending switch...on the transmission!
The moral of the story? Check the most likely spots first...but don't expect to find it either "quickly" or "on purpose" because it could literally be ANYWHERE on the car. You might also want try keeping a written log of the wires you have checked, as o may be able to save some time in duplicating "apparrently different" wires which are actually running the same connections you've already tested...
DISCLAIMER: "Or I could be wrong..." ;)