1996 Trans Am conv't prod. #'s by color

Hi all,

Recently picked up my 5th F-body (1st 4th gen), a 1996 Trans Am Convertible. Automatic and loaded with every option except Ram Air. It is purple with white top and white leather interior. Yeah, I know it's not everone's cup of tea but it was a good deal on a 1 owner(female state trooper), very well maintained T/A with ALL books and records. Is there a place where I can find out just how many purple T/A convertibles were produced in '96? I am guessing it's one of the more rare (less popular) colors of the 10 Pontiac offered that year. Does Pontiac still break down production by options or interior/top/exterior color combo's too?

Also, the top stalls about 1/4 of the way down and needs a bit of a push to finish lowering. I have checked the bolts and they are all tight. I have seen the TSB on the bolt problem but my VIN # is outside the VIN # of the affected cars. The previous owner had to have the top adjusted twice...is this a common problem with the tops on these?

Thanks for any insight

Wes

Reply to
Wes

You could start by contacting Pontiac Historical Services. They could tell you everything about your car. Any pontiac (per the website) from

1961 to 1999.

Hi all,

Reply to
Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy. I thought that may be a god place for info. I just wasn't sure they had info on late model Pontiacs.

Wes

Jimmy wrote:

Reply to
Wes