1997 Firebird Formula Convertable 5.7 - scan0019.JPG (0/1)

Hey People, I had my car in South Korea for three years and all I did was change the tires and oil. Its so hard to get parts in Korea unless you have thousands of extra dollars. Anyway, I am back in the states
now and I have a ton of problems to attend to. My question is about the Tranny, As I was driving it from Oakland California to Las Vegas, the tranny started making a grinding noise. Now when I try to start my baby, the starter grinds. Can this be a bad starter, flex plate or is my baby in need of a new tranny. The dealer said its the tranny and wants to charge me $4000.00 + to put a new tranny in. Any Ideas?
I also need a bunch of other parts to include:
Steering volume control buttons Rotors Struts and shocks convertable parts carpet and interior parts
Can anyone guide me to a site where I can order the parts? I've tried these but I know there has got to be better sources out there.