1999 Firebird steering wheel stereo controls repair question

Hi, all..quick question. I have a '99 Firebird. The light behind the right steering wheel stereo control array just went out.
Before I break something (or worse, set off the airbag)...what's the best
way of getting in there to put in a new bulb? It seems like the controls should just pry off, but I damn sure don't wanna try that and end up breaking something.