1st gen rear suspension lift?

1968 Camaro 327 New springs, shocks, bushings a couple of years ago, monoleaf springs. Wide rear tires rub when car bottoms in dips. Should I get: stock multileaf
2" list multileaf from JC Whitney ??

SSM (South Side Machine) Lift bars will do the trick for you. In actuality they are traction bars that take the place of the original mounting plates and also bolt to the front of the springs. They will raise the rear up about 3", at least that's what happened for my 68' with monoleafs.
RSCamaro wrote:

Sounds good. Do you have a picture of your Camaro I could see?

I'll see what I can do. I'll reply back in this post which auto picture group you can view the pics.

There's one pic that I got to post in the alt.binaries.pictures.autos group. I tried for a before and after pic but find that I'm too stupid to make my news reader work correctly more than once a day.
Look for SSM lift bars as the post.

Ron, you can always put pics online on a photo site, like Yahoo photos or Ofoto.com, then put the link on this ng. I'd like to see the car too! We just went to World of Wheels in Minneapolis today, so I good dose of classic cars!
Terry M.

I appreciate the interest but the car is far from being ready to show to the people. I've been threatening myself to update my web page but haven't made the time to do it for a couple of years now. Here's the link to my site. The car is in much different shape than the pictures on the site show. Since that time I've replaced the all of the rear sheet metal and other stuff.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero/index.htm

We
well i think its a great looking car no matter what, well done Ron and good luck on the rest.
Bruce
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 14:14:05 -0500, "BarracudaDesigns"

Aww shucks, I , I don't, know...
Thank you.

I also like looking at a project car in progress...it's a good way to learn restoration, and it's also encouraging that other people are going through the same things I am...looks good Ron!
Terry M.