2.8 V6 odd elec prob

I have an 87 camaro 2.8, and since I got it everytime I hit the brakes, the parking lights come on. Now all of the sudden, everytime I hit the brakes, I blow the brake/hazard fuse. I have checked all the wiring and found nothing. Maybe I dont know what I am looking for. Can anyone help??

Reply to
camaro97501

Sounds like the brake light switch might be shorting out. Try unplugging it, then putting in new fuses, then stepping on the brake while in the driveway not moving. If it doesn't pop the fuse, hook the switch back up and step on the pedal again. If it pops the fuse you'll know the switch is either the whole problem or at least part of it.

Reply to
FBR

Thankyou so much, it was the brake light switch. I got a replacement, and I am good as new. Now the only problem left is my parking lights coming on when I hit the brakes. Any Ideas?? Thank you again.

Reply to
camaro97501

Is there any crud in the bulb sockets that might let both elements light at the same time? I'd recommend taking a test light to see if both positive contacts at the bottom of the socket go live when you hit the brake pedel.

Reply to
FBR

K thanks, I will check

Reply to