Latest threads in Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebirdshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

97 z28 Clutch cylinder broke!?
97 z28. 6 speed. The clutch pedal just went to the floor, made a popping sound, and then clutch won't disengage. Also, there is something rattling in side the flywheel or something like that, as it is...
2
2

Ask the judge
Listen tomorrow to Steve Rinaldo on talk about Fords and other classic cars and explain the "F.O.R.D." You're welcome to call if you have a classic car question. Steve is the proud owner of an "A",...

10W 60 Synthetic oil
General question although the car is OT. My son has a new M Series BMW and is in Germany. The dealer charged him 240 Euro for the oil during the oil change. I need to know if there is any other source...
4
4

what should i do with my 396?? please help
I have a 396 bbc that was given to me. the CN# is 3855961 which came up as a 65-66 bb 396, this was bored to a 402 .030" over which came to 4.155. i have a set of heads that will fit it and a 454...
4
4

86 TA Question: Replacing Headliner
I ordered a replacement All-In-One Headliner from Classic Industries today. In the process of getting ready to replace the sagging one, came across a problem. 1986 Hard Top with Extended Overhead...
2
2

99 Trans Am
I have a 99 Trans Am. When I step on the gas it no longer smoothly accelerates, it lugs down and the check engine light comes on if I push to hard on the throttle. Any ideals appreciated. I'm thinking...
1
1

GM admits failure on 2000 Camaro Catalytic Converter
I got the letter from GM myself. Was suprised.... Would love to get a 2009 but haven't cracked 16000 miles on my 2000 yet. In 2009, maybe the current muscle car bubble will finally crack and I'll get...
10
10

350 engine
good evening to all, i just purchased a old junker of a 350 i was told and so far all the markings i can find is on the driver side of the block with HECHO EN MEXICO and the numbers 3978010 under it...
1
1

Any insight on why this happened
I've got a '91 Firebird, 305F, and last Friday it left me stranded. I pulled into a parking lot, turned off the key and got out. As I was closing the door I heard a beeping sound but figured it was...
1
1

FS 1979 WS6 Special Edition T/A
Just got the PHS initial report back on this one. So I relisted it at E-bay is a verified WS6 Special Edition car. Window Codes are on the description. Thanks! CCC

Going back to stock wheel - tire question
Hi All, My 1995 Z28 is being relegated to the street because I recently replaced it with a new car (A 2007 Volvo V70R which, before you start laughing, has 300HP, yet less torque than the Camaro, but...
6
6

86 IROC Project Car - Upgrade existing 305 or put in 350?
Hi all, I'm new to this group, and have a couple of questions. I just picked up an 86 Camaro project car with a 305 in it. The engine has about 150K miles, and the poor car has been neglected and runs...
4
4

CHEVY 350 ENGINE INTO"81"BIRD
Yes I'm gonna put a Chevy 350 into an "81" Pontiac Firebird/esprit with a 350 turbo tranny. I need all the info I can get on electrical wiring, a computer to fire this, motor and transmission mounts/...
2
2

Correct 454 Heads?
Sorry to interrupt here, but a friend is checking out an original '72 454 SS Chevelle he just bought that is supposed to be numbers matching. However, he has 781 heads with 75 date codes on them....
2
2

what model is this?
Hi, I went by a used car dealer this morning, and i saw a red 3rd gen camaro with colour matched rims. Coudl anyone tell me what option package/ year this could be?
2
2