2000 Trans Am stereo question

I have the standard Monsoon stereo on my 2000 Trans Am Firehawk, without the 6 CD-changer. I am getting an iPod as a gift, and want to be able to listen to it over the car stereo. However, I want to avoid
an FM broadcast attachment solution.
A good idea from the Apple Store was to see if my stereo has a line-out on the back, and get that wired to the front with a standard headphone connector (stereo female 3.5mm , I assume) .
So, does the Monsoon have a line-out on the back that a stereo shop could wire into? Anyone who has information/details, please let me know.
Thanks!

Nope.. And even if it was a line out, that wouldn't help you.. You need a line in.
True... I meant line-in. Thanks. Anyone have any good experience with wiired FM modulators?
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 02:15:44 GMT, "Bruce Chang"

There are after market CD Changers and adapters that work with the CD changer connection, perhaps there is a HDD based MP solution that also could go there. I know that isn't really your iPOD but...
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 02:15:44 GMT, "Bruce Chang"

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Joe Granto wrote:

If your car is wired for the changer, it might have the equivalent of a line-in - just not RCA jacks. A local stereo shop might be able to help you, but the cost will probably equal that of getting a new mp3 deck with line in. :(
www.tacreationsusa.com - sells used stock stuff - maybe get a stock changer head unit?
Ray 01 Trans Am (no changer either... but a Kenwood that is going in in the spring.)