2000 Trans Am stereo question

I have the standard Monsoon stereo on my 2000 Trans Am Firehawk, without the 6 CD-changer. I am getting an iPod as a gift, and want to be able to listen to it over the car stereo. However, I want to avoid an FM broadcast attachment solution.

A good idea from the Apple Store was to see if my stereo has a line-out on the back, and get that wired to the front with a standard headphone connector (stereo female 3.5mm , I assume) .

So, does the Monsoon have a line-out on the back that a stereo shop could wire into? Anyone who has information/details, please let me know.

Thanks!

Reply to
Joe Granto

Nope.. And even if it was a line out, that wouldn't help you.. You need a line in.

Reply to
Bruce Chang

True... I meant line-in. Thanks. Anyone have any good experience with wiired FM modulators?

Reply to
Joe Granto

There are after market CD Changers and adapters that work with the CD changer connection, perhaps there is a HDD based MP solution that also could go there. I know that isn't really your iPOD but...

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

If your car is wired for the changer, it might have the equivalent of a line-in - just not RCA jacks. A local stereo shop might be able to help you, but the cost will probably equal that of getting a new mp3 deck with line in. :(

- sells used stock stuff - maybe get a stock changer head unit?

Ray

01 Trans Am (no changer either... but a Kenwood that is going in in the spring.)
Reply to
ray