2001 T/A Headlight Freak Out

Have a weird problem with my headlights. When I turn off the car, without having used the headlights, the headlight motors spin up, the lights pop up and then go down.
Problem also happen when I hit the LOCK from the Remote FOB.
Anyone have a clue?
Thanks, Edd

It is probably the security setting. I had my 1997 Firebird set to give two very short horn "toots" when I locked it with the remote. It would beep once if a door or the trunk wasn't closed completely. Your owners manual will tell you how to change the settings. One of the settings is to flash the lights, which may be what yours is set for.
Otherwise, you probably have a short somewhere in the system. Hope for the first reason. (((^:
Tom S.

Sounds like the gear in the headlight is wearing out. The same thing happened to me on my Trans Am. You could either replace the headlight motor, take apart the motor and flip the gear around or buy a brass gear. Info on that is here: http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm Hope this helps.
Chuck

He has a 2001 TA. I doubt his gears have gone out. But, in my opinon I think its the headlight module. Take it to the dealer they have probably ran into this problem before.
Thanks for all the postings. Off to the dealer it shall go! :-)
Edd

No problem man. Hope you get your problem fixed.

it could be stray voltage... for the same reason my 02 camaro windows move slightly when i open and close the doors.