2009 Camaro concept at Detraoit Auto Show!

Here is the car:

And some folks have already tried photpshopping it here:

Car will debut 1/9/2006 at 10:30 EST and can be seen live off of GM's TV link.

GMtv:

or
and a popup will appear.

If you miss it live there's supposed to be archive footage later at around 1:00PM EST.

Reply to
Jimmy

Not bad, but I have to admit I like the Challenger better by far..

BDK

Reply to
BDK

A new Challenger? Got a link?

Reply to
FBR

These are the best pics I've seen so far, and all in one place!

I can't believe that everyone hasn't at least heard about it. If they don't screw it up, I'm gonna have one by 2010..

Things I would like changed on the "real" one..

Lose the Ram's head off the front. Paint the black stripes on the hood, or lose them. Black out the grill. Make the wheels a sane size, like 17's or 18's, the hot wheels look SUCKS in my opinion. Lose the "Challenger" on the side. I would rather have painted, or even stickers there instead. The rear light setup isn't all that great.

OH, make a Chrysler Cuda too. Don't screw it up either.

On the inside..

Lose the weird radio, and if you can't put a normal DIN sized one in, at least put one of the crappy ones you put in everything else.

The look at the front is PERFECT. I would like the dash toned down a little. I want a 6 speed auto, not the present one that the trucks have.

If they only can keep it together..

BDK

Reply to
BDK

Daimler/Chrysler is one company that has consistantly put their concept cars into production. I would love to see this on the road. Since GM shot themselves in the corporate foot by killing the F body with no immediate replacement (and no, the GTO doesn't count), Ford has that market all to themselves.

To your comments; No, don't do a Cuda, just do the Challenger right. Wheels don't look too bad but simpler is always better and I am damn tired of all the offset being on the inside. Split the difference and give the rims some depth. Like the dash, who cares about a radio when you have it running at full tilt boogie? How about a 6 speed manual with a multiplate clutch? Lose the hemi. The new hemi is a pig, bring back the old 5.9 (360). Agree with you on the hood graphics, look like they were stuck on as an afterthought. Like the taillights, remember the original ChargerII concept from 68 or 69?

Reply to
FBR

OK, I guess I am a little confused. The pics say 2006 concept, but the thread says 2009... does that mean the concept was just unveiled in the last 2 weeks and it is set to be in production in 09 or what?

About the Challenger... Its got some potential.. but what is with the big doors and tiny ass windows? Is that the new thing? The front seems a little off to me.. and the rear needs something else, I dunno if I wanna say add a small spoiler, but it seems very plain and unfinished.

Ok, yes I am young and didn't grow up during the times that these cars were in production, unfortunately, but atleast it has some looks and POWER....

-Geno

Reply to
KITTvsKARR

I figure the Chrylser division is going to want one anyway, they don't have the Charger/Magnum, so they will want something. So make the Cuda, the new car actually looks more like it anyway, from a side view. Just lose the line..

I'm so sick of the giant wheel look, I bought my Ram with 17's because I really hated the factory 20" wheels so much. I got the off-road package mostly for that alone.

Since I'm in it over an hour a day, minimum, the radio is important to me, and most of the time, the factory radio is pretty lame, and on my last truck, a 2000 Sierra, it was really bad. GM should be ashamed to have put it in there. The WORST sounding radio since my 74 Roadrunner's Motorola AM-FM, worse actually..

Bring back the 360?? WTF are you drinking? As a past owner of three of them, I can say good f'ing riddance. It should have been killed off years before it was. My 74 Roadrunner's 360 was ok, the other two were pitiful leakers. I didn't buy a Ram back in 2000 just because of that pinging slug of a motor. When a truck with 14 miles on it sounds like it's full of ball bearings, it's pretty sad.

Drive a 300/Charger/Magnum, and say goodbye to that boat anchor..

No manual for me, I want an auto that shifts like the one in my 77 Power Wagon after it blew up and a friend rebuilt it at his tranny shop. Snapped your neck good and hard at full throttle, and chirped the tires on the 1-2 shift too..

Last time I drove a stick was when I borrowed a friend's car for two days. By the time I gave it back two days later, I was so tired of that shifting, and the clutch (it was a Toyota, the clutch couldn't have been softer) action annoyed the shit out of me.

The back end is too plain on the Challenger, it needs something.

BDK

Reply to
BDK

It's a 2006 concept, a 2009 model "real" car.

Well, I have thought for years, "What is it with the tiny doors and BIG windows?" I had a friend who used to use photoshop and he would take a lot of the newer cars and "remove" sections of windows along the bottom, and it made some otherwise really dorky GM cars look tremendously better. I like the "sitting in a turret" deal anyway.

I agree the rear of the Challenger needs something back there. It will probably not make production the way it is anyway..

BDK

Reply to
BDK

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 23:53:29 -0500, Jimmy puked:

Looks a lot more aggressive than the original pictures. I like it. Although it looks a lot like the Mustang...

lab~rat

I agree, and I'm not crazy about the front end. The rear quarters definitely remind me of mustang. Hopefully they'll bring it back to more of the original if it's produced.

terrance

Reply to
terrance

I thought it kinda looked mustangy too... was not keen on that but get the concept... punn intended.

Reply to
gordon

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:45:41 GMT, "gordon" puked:

The rear sail panel catches the first gen pretty good...

lab~rat

I have a side by side comparison on my web site...missing some info though, but its growing (concept Camaro and Challenger)

snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net/

Reply to
dle

You can put 4 wheel disc brakes in the Challenger side. You can plainly see them in all the side pics.

BDK

Reply to
BDK