Latest threads in Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebirdshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'95 Z28 theft deterrent system problems
I have a '95 Z28 that exhibits some strange theft deterrent system problems. *frequently, the keyless entry will not unlock the right door. The actuator works fine when unlock is selected from either...

Rough idle when warm
My friend's 92 Camaro has a problem with rough idle only when warm. His mechanic disconnected the wire going to the charcoal canister and now it runs OK. Any idea what the CORRECT FIX is, rather then...
5
5

fuel mileage
ok so now here's the question that was bound to come, what kinda of fuel mileage can i expect from a 3rd gen V6 firebird or camaro? also what kind of mileage does a 350 small block get? (not that im...
4
4

LS1 Bulllit Proof ???
I know someone that has a LS1 in their firebird. How bullet proof are these engines ? He uses the rev limiter as a shift point. I told him it won't last too long driving it like that but he said he...
13
13

good first car?
My first car was a 1984 Firebird V8 and the insurance wasn't all that bad (I couldn't get insurance on a Corvette for any price). Everyone I knew of in high school that crashed bad were driving little...
16
16

Sirius Satellite Install
Ok, so does anyone have any experience in putting a Sirius antenna on a 4th gen F body? Cause I went to put the magnetic antenna on the roof(yes I actually DO have a hardtop : ) and I watched it slide...

got rid of the 80 ta :(
i know that i haven't posted much here at all , but the wife and i decided to sell the 80 ta she picked up from a coworker. would have been a great project, but she changed her mind, picked up a 1988...

Bubbles in radiator
Someone mentioned that bubbles in the radiator could indicate a bad head gasket. I have bubble in my radiator but not an insane amount. There is no oil in my coolant or coolant in my oil. Is some...
2
2

GM (Pontiac) Signal Switch Part # Verification Needed
I've got an 84 Firebird and am looking at converting to a DELAY wiper switch. I need the part #(s) (or simply verification they are different) for the turn signal that is the 'base' for the stalk...
3
3

91 vs Other Octane
Ok, so I was wondering, in my neck of the woods, we have QuickTrip's with "guaranteed gasoline" which is 91 Octane. We also have shell with their "V-Power" and Exxon/Mobil's Super, both of which are...
7
7

head gasket went out on '93 firebird
my head gaskets went out my 93 pontiac firebird....formula v-8....they said it would cost me about $892.50 to get it fixed and of course i would have to buy the head gasket kit....do you think that's...
5
5

CR problem
I'm building a pontiac 68 400 and looking to put after market heads on. With the goal of maintaining the ability to run 90 octane pump gas, I am torn between some info given to me. The head...
9
9

Oil pressure
Today after my car heated up and was running hotter than usuall the oil pressure went kinda low like down between the 30lbs and zero. simply put like if a gas gauge was on 1/4 tank thats where my oil...
2
2

TEMP UPDATE
Hello All, today I changed my radiator cap and temp sending unit and wallah. My temp gauge is working like a charm. after a 20 minutes of idling however the temp went just over 220 and the fan kicked...

Temp Spike Still
I changed my t-stat. Purged all the air out of the system. Still the same damn temp spike as before. So now I'm changing every damn sensor on the coolant system. But before I do let me know what you...
1
1