231 V6 w/T5 Question

I've got an 86 Camaro with the 2.8L V6 and a T5 manual transmission. I'm pulling the engine out today, and have removed all six of the bell housing bolts. The PowerPro Series book I'm using as a guide says however that there is another nutted bolt that goes through the block and transmission case that I have to remove. I can't for the life of me find it. Anybody have any experience here?

Reply to
Rich

First of all you DO NOT have a 231 CID. The 2.8 is 173 CID.

There are Six Engine to transmission bell housings bolts. Two Starter Bolts, 4 or 6 Inspection Cover bolts, 3 bolts hold the pressure plate to the fly wheel and Six hold the flywheel to the crankshaft.

4 Bolts hold the driveshaft to the rear end, 4 Bolts hold the crossmember to the frame. 2 or 3 bolts hold the Torque Arm to the transmission. One or two Nuts hold the transmission to the crossmember via the mount.

If you can account for all of these, you should be in good shape.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Oops, got my 77 Firebird V6 mixed up in there. Thanks for the tips.

Reply to
Rich