350 engine

good evening to all, i just purchased a old junker of a 350 i was told and so far all the markings i can find is on the driver side of the block with HECHO EN MEXICO
and the numbers 3978010 under it any ideas what it may be and how old. haven't dug the grease and dirt off all of it yet. Didn't see anything on the passenger side, it needs a total makeover badly. A great project engine for my son and i if it's worth it. thank for all the info that you can send my way!
Are you sure it's 3978010 ? That number doesn't show up. It it's 3970010 it could be a 68 327 2 bolt or a 69-79 350 2 or 4 bolt main. Look on the right side front of the engine right in front of the right cylinder head. there should be a number stamped in there on the pad (deck top) let us know what that number is and it should tell what it is, and what cars it was in etc...