350 oil filter

I just purchased a 1967 camaro RS with a 350 motor. It is leaking oil around the oil filter. I have pulled the oil filter. The Guy I bought it from put RTV abound the out side housing( part of the
block). This out side housing spins but does not come loose. I would love a picture of how it works or someone that can tell me how to disasemble it.

Sounds like maybe an older engine with a spin-on filter adapter. If so and you've got the filter off, you may find 2 small (7/16 or maybe 3/8-head) bolts that hold that housing(adapter) to the block. Sounds like one may have sheared and is allowing it to spin on the remaining one. With both removed, it should allow you to remove the housing and see what's up. HTH, s

This may be a silly question but you did make sure that when the old filter was removed that the gasket from the old filter didnt stay on the block side right? that has happened at our tire shop a few times, the tech dosent notice that the old gasket failed to be removed with the old filter and when the new one is installed there are now 2 gaskets on there, will leak every time.