4.3 V-6 into a F-Bird?

Well the head gasket finally went on my 95 , auto,3.4 bird (156k on it) a few weeks ago.

I am wondering if a 4.3 would work as a replacement.....any thoughts/comments..

Would the computer be compatible from the F-bird ? ( would it compensate injector flow for the larger displacement)???.. Would the tranny bolt up with no problems?

I have already done an engine swap from underneath, on a 94 v-6 camaro before....,and what a pain it was.

T I A......Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Totally different block, nothing will bolt up at all.The 3.4L is a 60 degree block. The 4.3L is a 90 degree block, based off of the sbc. Two completely different animals.

Reply to
SBlackfoot

--

From what I understand, the 4.3 is a 5.7 with 2 cylinders lopped off. This impacts you because everthing that you would need to do to in stall a 5.7 would be needed to install the 4.3 . Find another engine in the 3.4 family. I believe the 3.8 fits that family.

Reply to
NYG706

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

I was trying to stay away from the 3.4's/3.8's because of the head/intake gasket problems.

I had the 4.3 in mind because of the larger size.. ( and I don't think it was problem plagued like the above motors are)

..I didn't want to go the v-8 route.

I thought the 3.4 and the 4.3 would be close (external size) and the electronics would interchange.(computer functions/compatibility) ( Also that they came in S-10's...quite common find with reasonable amount of usable mileage still left in them)

I'm not sure if I'm gonna do it....just wanted some insight if I do go for it.

Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD