4.3 V-6 into a F-Bird?

Well the head gasket finally went on my 95 , auto,3.4 bird (156k on it) a few weeks ago.
I am wondering if a 4.3 would work as a replacement.....any
thoughts/comments..
Would the computer be compatible from the F-bird ? ( would it compensate injector flow for the larger displacement)???.. Would the tranny bolt up with no problems?
I have already done an engine swap from underneath, on a 94 v-6 camaro before....,and what a pain it was.
T I A......Stan

Totally different block, nothing will bolt up at all.The 3.4L is a 60 degree block. The 4.3L is a 90 degree block, based off of the sbc. Two completely different animals.

From what I understand, the 4.3 is a 5.7 with 2 cylinders lopped off. This impacts you because everthing that you would need to do to in stall a 5.7 would be needed to install the 4.3 . Find another engine in the 3.4 family. I believe the 3.8 fits that family.
I know for a fact people are using the 3800 SC engines behind a 3100 tranny.

I was trying to stay away from the 3.4's/3.8's because of the head/intake gasket problems.
I had the 4.3 in mind because of the larger size.. ( and I don't think it was problem plagued like the above motors are)
..I didn't want to go the v-8 route.
I thought the 3.4 and the 4.3 would be close (external size) and the electronics would interchange.(computer functions/compatibility) ( Also that they came in S-10's...quite common find with reasonable amount of usable mileage still left in them)
I'm not sure if I'm gonna do it....just wanted some insight if I do go for it.
Stan