5 star Firebird rims - will they fit on my 94?

Hi all.

Can you please take a look at this car ->

Now tell me, will those style of Pontiac rims fit on my 1994 Firebird V6? They are 16" rims. Let me know please, as I am interested in buying a used set. Thanks!

Reply to
JJ

Yes... they'll fit fine.

Bones

Sorry JJ - I can't comment on your previous post, but since we are on the topic of these wheels... can someone describe the difference between these 2 rims? I have included the pics here. The Type 2 style seems to be a much more common wheel on the Firebird/Trans Am. Personally, I have never seen the Type 1 style on any Firebird except the one in this photo, so I am wondering if these are in fact stock or from another vehicle line. Which one do you guys think is a better rim, as I too am considering purchasing but I am not sure which model to go with.

Type 1:

2:
thx in advance.

Sid

Type 2:

William Allen Morgan

Hey William. I am considering buying a set, but I am unsure which style to go with. They both look nice. Originally I wanted to get the type 2, but now that I have seen the type 1 "take-offs", I kind of like them also.

I find that the take-offs are going for pretty cheap on ebay, while the other style without the "s" type curve are generally more expensive. Why they are more expensive, I don't know.

Which ones do you think look nicer?

Reply to
Sid

Sid.... I think they both look nice.... and I am not sure I would really have a preferance one way or another. (I have a Formula and it came with the type 2.)(I think these are more expensive because they can't seem to be found as "take-off's) Frankly, I would probally go for the "type 1" take offs and save some $$$$$$. If saveing the money isn't nessarly your main goal then I would probally opt fot seeking out some 17*9(off the Firehawks) and putting P275/40ZR50 on the car. That way you'll get some wider rubber!!!!!!!!!! (At times I really wish they would have put these on my Formula. The P245/50ZR50 F1's on my car are fine most of the time.... but if you really stand on it.... the tires just really smoke up..... this is when I wish I had wider rubber. They might do the same but I think with 30 extra mm of rubber it would be at least somewhat better.

Reply to
William Allen Morgan

Hey, thanks again for your input. I'll probably go with those "s" curve style. As far as the 17*9 and the wider rubber, I think I will stick to ther 16" because I only have a v6 and it will look overkill on it!

By the way, do you think these chrome lugnut caps would look nicer in comparrison to the black ones?

Sid

I opted for some gorillia lock accorn lug nuts serveral years ago. (I got the black chrone but they are also avabile in silver.) They cost a little more than the ones from SLP but I think they are worth it. I think they are probally the best anti-theif lugs. They are a direct replacement product and do not require any washers nor spacers. Each lug nut is an anti-theif lug and requires the corsponding lug key to be removed. (Just don't lose the key.... getting them off without it would seem to surely be a royal pain. But the up side is.... even if someone did want to steal your wheels they would have a very hard time doing so.) Check it out at....

or
orview their PDF
(As for color...I think I would stick to the black.) Btw... those wheels should look prettysharp on your car.

William Allen Morgan

(Sometimes reply posts to my server don't seem to get through ... resending)

Actually those gorilla locks look pretty good. I agree they are smart a option when it comes to security. Do you happen to know what size of lugnut would fit the Firebird rims (ie. the take-offs)? And where can you order these? The black chrome looks nice. Only hassle would be having to carry the key to your service center when doing any tire work, but I guess that is the tradeoff for making them more secure.

Reply to
Sid

They are 12mm*1.5.... LGMotorsports has them....

but they only have themin chrome.

(It's been so long since I ordered them.... that I don't even remember where I ordered mine from!!!!!!) (I do know it was a complete kit of 20.)

As for serviceing.... yes it does cause some minor problems.... but I think the benfits outweigh the "-"'s. One word of advice.... make sure to order a spare lug key after you get them... because if you don't... that's when you will need it!!!!!!!!!!)

Reply to
William Allen Morgan