67 camaro header question

by any chance did you ever attempt to install the accel header plugs, they are made really short for that specific reason.

No, I haven't tried them yet. I plan on getting new headers in the near future. Right now I'm under a time contraint to finish so I dimpled #3 pipe just so I wouldn't get held up trying out new headers. The car will be a daily driver and my current ride is on it's last legs. I'm about a day from starting it up.
Thanks for the suggestion though.