68 Camaro heater-- question

The heater in my '68 Camaro causes condensation to form on the interior windows, but it's not 'greasy' like antifreeze, just wet. Any ideas?

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Is the padding under your carpet soaked? HD

Reply to
HoDad

I don't think there's any leak, but I'll double-check---

Terry

Reply to
Terry

You might want to check and see if somehow water (rain or wash water) is somehow collecting in the core box. If it is, the blower fan will spit it thru the ducts. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Its most likely the beginning signs of a heater core failing. I had the same problem with my '71 T/A. The heater core didn't leak enough to make a mess or smell but it would condense water on the windshield.

Have fun changing a heater core. They aren't much fun on a 1st or 2nd gen F-body.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Yeah, I'm thinking it might be the heater core...this was a southern CA car until I bought it, so it was probably almost never used....could be original!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Yep, sure enough, carpet is wet, with visible signs of antifreeze on the bottom of the heater box. I tightened up the heater hoses, but it didn't help, looks like I have to replace the heater core--

Terry

Reply to
Terry

A moment of silence for yet another dear, departed part....(sigh..)

Reply to
ElectroPig