68 Firebird wiring question

Help! I'm puttng my wife's '68 Firebird back together, working on the under-hood wiring. I have a couple of wires that I don't know what to do with. Coincidentally, both are dark green and heavy - probably 14
gauge. One runs along with the dark blue wire that attaches to the oil pressure sending unit. The other come out under the power brake booster, and is about 8" long. I thought that perhaps the one that runs with the oil wire is for the temp sending unit, but (1) according to my manual, that should be a 20-gauge wire, and this is way heavier than that, and (2) when I ground the wire with the ignition switch on the temp light in the dash does not glow (I checked the bulb, it's good; also stuck my head under the dash and checked the circuit directly with a test light - there's a good positive, but nothing on the negative when the green wire is grounded).
Also, I can't find the 20-gauge dark green wire for the temp sending unit.
I'm beginning to hate dark green wires.
I'm anxious to get this wrapped up, would sure appreciate any help.
Thanks a lot, Dan

Hmm... my dad had the same problem with the oil wire I think, I'll see if I can get him to take a look here.
Hey,,,,,,,,, I am having the same green wire problem How may wires come from the starter motor,,,I know the green one goes to starter switch Does one go to coil Please send me a scetch OK,,, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
.....Now 4 your problem I have a 350 eng A black one goes to temp a blue one 4 oil
HUNNY SUCER wrote:

One goes to the coil to give it a full 12V when starting (bypassing the resistance wire).