69 Camaro bumper guards

I was wondering if anybody knows about bumper guards on a 69 Z/28 RS. Were they standard on all Z/28 or optional? I was told they were on ALL Z/28 but
mine doesn't have them and it looks like there were never any installed since new. I have the build sheet from on top of the gas tank and there are no codes for bumper guards listed on it. Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Brian
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:24:44 -0500, "Brian Wilkinson"

They were put on all of the Z28s that left the factory. The reason was government bumper height regulations. Your car could have had the bumper changed at any time in the last 34 years or possibly the original owner couldn't stand them from the get go.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
Some are wise and some are otherwise

Were
but
are
Wow, thanks I didn't know that. I assume that is the case on the front and rear both. I am restoring a 69 Z/28 RS that I am the second owner of with 36K miles and I am trying to make sure it is correct.
thanks, Brian
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:44:07 -0500, "Brian Wilkinson"

Camaro Research Group is an excellent place to find small bits of information about your car. http://www.camaros.org/index.shtml They collect information on every car that they can get. Get yourself a couple or 10 Camaro restoration and / or information books, they can be a great time saver.