69 Camaro bumper guards

I was wondering if anybody knows about bumper guards on a 69 Z/28 RS. Were they standard on all Z/28 or optional? I was told they were on ALL Z/28 but mine doesn't have them and it looks like there were never any installed since new. I have the build sheet from on top of the gas tank and there are no codes for bumper guards listed on it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian Wilkinson

They were put on all of the Z28s that left the factory. The reason was government bumper height regulations. Your car could have had the bumper changed at any time in the last 34 years or possibly the original owner couldn't stand them from the get go.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

Wow, thanks I didn't know that. I assume that is the case on the front and rear both. I am restoring a 69 Z/28 RS that I am the second owner of with

36K miles and I am trying to make sure it is correct.

thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian Wilkinson

Camaro Research Group is an excellent place to find small bits of information about your car.

Theycollect information on every car that they can get. Get yourself acouple or 10 Camaro restoration and / or information books, they canbe a great time saver. ...Ron