69 Camaro Vinyl Top Variations (??)

I will soon be installing a vinyl top on a '69 Camaro.

I've seen 2 different variations on the layout of the top.... I was wondering if someone could offer some insight on these.

On one variation, the vinyl extends completely to the drip rail, and down the pillar to the cowl panel.

for example, here's a link to a picture:

on the other version I've seen,,, there is a small strip of body color still showing above the windows (outlined by an extra piece of molding), and the vinyl does not extend down the pillar.... the pillar is left the same color as the body.

here's an example of that version:

is one of these versions correct, with the other one an aftermarket style change?? any opinions on what determined which way is proper/improper.... or original??

any response would be appreciated. thanks.

Reply to
Wrinklez

[...]

The first car is the correct way they came from the factory.

Gary

Gary - KQ6RT