76 LT brushed aluminum trunk panel

I'm in the process of doing a frame off on my 76LT/RS and although my brushed aluminum rear panel isn't real bad I would like to have a perfect one. So far I've tried NPD, The Paddock, Classic Indrustries, Year One, and
Classic Muscle. All with no results.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would sure appreciate it.
Chuck
Is that a true aluminum panel? If so you might be able to polish it with worn out emery cloth soaked with cutting oil. Also coat the panel with oil too But that would give a different visual apperance to the aluminum.
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:53:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Thanks, I have polished it but was hoping to find a new one.
Chuck
Chuck wrote:

I always thought it might look cool to refinsh one of those in a "machine turned" type finish like the old TA dashboards. Of course I've been accused of having no taste whatsover... hehe
Chuck wrote:

    Your best bet is to look for a N.O.S. unit (New, Old, Stock). If you keep looking on Ebay, and at swap meets you should be able to find one. You can also try a Chevy dealer and see if they can get you the GM part number and do a search for it. Some dealers still have discontenued parts on their shelfs.
Charles
On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:32:14 GMT, Charles Bendig

Thanks Charles. I had my local dealer try some different dealers but we're just getting started on the dealer search. I also think that's my best bet. And my wife is watching ebay for me. I can use mine but I sure would like to have a new one.
Chuck
Chuck wrote:

    No Problem. I have gone thru that same process numouris times looking for Trim. Sometimes it does take for ever to find the part. On Ebay you can have your wife do a favorite serch for it, so that way it will automatically show up.
    Another thing you should look in to is local Swap Meets. Only about 30% of sells at those use a computer, or Ebay. So there is a chance you could find one that way. Charles
On Tue, 03 May 2005 04:22:34 GMT, Charles Bendig

Good idea, I'll keep that in mind.
Chuck