'85 Firebird stalling problem

I've been having a problem for a couple of years with my '85 F-bird engine code "s", i.e. 2.8l, where it will stall within 10 seconds of starting,transmission not engaged yet, for the 1st time in the morning.
Seems to only happen if the car has been sitting for a while, i.e. overnight or after sitting at work all day. Sometimes it will stallout more often when it's cold, always seems to hang in on the 3rd try??. I can hear the fuel pump when I turn the ignition on, without starting. I typically will wait for a couple of seconds with the fuel pump running before I start cranking but it really doesn't seem to make a big difference.
Car has almost 400k kms but the motor was replaced about 200k km ago with a rebuilt.
Suggestions?
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:53:19 +0000, Alfred Forbrich wrote:

Forgot to mention. There are no codes stored,
Thanks for any help