86 TA Question: Replacing Headliner

I ordered a replacement All-In-One Headliner from Classic Industries today. In the process of getting ready to replace the sagging one, came across a problem.

1986 Hard Top with Extended Overhead console (flashlight and so on) I found the two screws in the Dome Light but will be damned if I cannot find a place to release the rest of the unit to drop down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edd

Reply to
Edd Dicker

Edd,

I'm at work so I don't have access to my Parts & Illustrations catalog at the moment. Shoot me an email to remind me and I'll see what they have for the overhead console.

Also, check thirdgen.org. Before the big crash and takeover they had a tech article on installing the console in a car that did not come with one. There may be enough information to help you if I don't get back to you quickly enough.

Anth>I ordered a replacement All-In-One Headliner from Classic Industries

Reply to
Anthony T.

"Anthony T." wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

If I'm not mistaken, it's a "slid-in/slide-out" operation with those consoles.

I've got an '85 Berlinetta with the same basic thing ("deluxe roof console") and I recall being told long ago that once the screws are out, you either slide it forwards or backwards to release it...of course, since I never FOUND another Berlinetta with the deluxe roof console still intact, I never got to put the theory to test...so this is where you come in! ;)

Since the basic mounts betwen th Bird/TA/Camaro/Z/et al are the same, it should "theoretically" go in/come out the same way for all of them...

Good luck with it, and don't forget to let us know if my theory was right! d8^D

Reply to
ElectroPigT