'88 Firebird - Smog Pump Removal

Removing the Smog Pump on a stock 305 V8 1988 Firebird. Pretty easy job unless one of the long bolts is frozen.

You've got 2 long T45 TORX headed bolts to remove (once you have the small hose unbolted from the backside of the pump). Those 2 small bolts are 10mm

- use a ratcheting box-end wrench to make it easy. One the front remove the pulley wheel with a long 10mm box-end wrench for leverage. Be prepared you might have a stuck Long bolt like I did. Gonna need a torch and a T45 sock et style to attach to your 18" 1/2" drive breaker bar. I twisted one Torx h ead off so be prepared to soak or torch a stuck long bolt. Hope this helps.

1988 Formula Firebird 305TBI stone stock with A/C.

~Glenn

Reply to
dragtoons