88 GTA Brake Caliper Question

Hi, I posted earlier about my 88 GTA pulling to the right while braking.
Well... I pulled off tyhe right front wheel, and checked out the caliper. I
popped open the master cyl, then put a C clamp on the caliper to push the piston in (out?) as if I were changing the pads. The piston was very hard to move. After I would tighten up on the C clamp and let go, I would hear a click, click, click, and the caliper would move a little. Tightened up again on the C clamp, let go, heard some more click, click, click, and the caliper moved some more. Does this sound normal? My other car doesn't make any noises when I do the same thing to it.
So... after all this I test drove the car and it still pulls to the right, but not as hard. Maybe I freed up something in the piston/caliper.
So it seems the right front caliper is "sticking" on, and maybe not releasing as much as the left front caliper. The right front wheel heats up more than the left front. So it is doing more of the braking, I suppose. But why? It seems to me , during braking, the sticky caliper would do less work, not more, if anything. The car does not pull when the brakes are not on. A rebuilt caliper is only $18.99, but I want to know why a caliper which is sticking slightly makes a car pull to one side.
I know 2 new front hoses and 2 rebuilt calipers would only cost about $80, but if I can identify exactly what the problem is , that would be better.
Thanks,
baffled and seeking truth
If a claiper is sticking, its going to either, pull harder to that side, or pull harder to the other..its all about pressures applied to the braking surface... if the caliper is sticking, it will not release as well and when you apply pressure to the pads, is actually not working as hard, to do the same amount of movement..and since it does not have asmuch travel, its going to pull..
Replace both fronts, and replace the hoses while you are in there...best investment you can make now..

caliper. I

click,
let
Does
same
right,
releasing
more of

sticky
when
know why

$80, but

does it have abs? if so you should open the bleeder first before backing off the piston, stops grit from getting into the abs system. some clicking could be the valves in the abs unit... working backwards.
CBHvac wrote:

88 didnt have ABS...

braking.
the
After I

click,
clamp,
more.
doing
pull
Put the car up on jackstands and have a friend pump the brakes, after he stops spin each wheel, if one hangs up thats the side you are having a problem with. To determine if its the caliper or hose have him pump it up again and make the caliper stick, open the bleeder and see if that relieves the sticking, if it does its the hose, if not its the caliper. Either way you should replace the calipers and hoses on both sides to do the job right. Stop playing games and just fix it already.

caliper. I

click,
let
Does