89 Camaro - A/C Relay constantly clicking

Hi everyone, I am new here, I bought an '89 Camaro (V6 2.8 Automatic) about 3 months ago and have been restoring it since. I've gotten most of the issues resolved so far, but have a few that haven't been fixed yet. Since I finally tracked down that damn EGR valve problem, I'm on to getting the A/C working properly. My problem is that my engine is surging up & down and the A/C Compressor Control Relay is clicking on & off when the A/C is on. What I've done temporarily is remove the relay and jump the compressor with a toggle switch. When I put the A/C on Max or Normal the RPM's increase as it should, then when I kick on the compressor with the toggle switch, it goes back down to where it should be.

does anyone have any ideas that would help me? I have both the Chiltons and Haynes manuals and have searched for this issue on multiple boards. Thanks a lot for reading!

Reply to
BobBorakovitz

Try recharging the system to the proper level.

Reply to
Refinish King