94 3.4L Wheezing when accelerating

If this is the improper place for this post please direct me elsewhere.
Under heavy acceleration my engine is now making a noise that sounds like someone is in the engine compartment with a can of compressed air. Power is
greatly reduced and the sound grows louder the further down the accelerator is pressed.
Any ideas.
Please respond to the group.
Thank you for your time.
CD
Will that happen suddenly?
CD

elsewhere.
like
Power
When the converter stopped up in my wife's Lumina, it went from running fine, to barely drivable in about two minutes. - Gary