94 F-bird VATS

My New G/F has a 1994 V6, Automatic Firebird. The car has a VATS issue. Currently the car is 100% In-op, and is sitting somewhere that I can not get a tow vehical with ease.

What I need to do is BY-pass the VATS short term to get the car to my shop then repair rigging does by her ex.

Any one have the wiring diagram for it? Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Charles,

Quick check of google I found:

BUT it's for 1996 and up.....still a 4th gen diagram though.

Seems the solution is to measure the resistance in the chip with a meter, buy the chip and splice it in.

Got a ton of hits using google term bypassing vats, but this one had decent diagrams.

HTH

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

Im just going to do a temp bypass. Then once some issue are resolved, Ill do a proper repair. It's worth having VATS in this area. Stops the less knowledgeable theifs.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Here is another diagram on the Vats, if you don't have if done yet.

Reply to
gixxer92