94 trans am GT prob.

Have weird smell in cab after driving. I look under car and see nothing but when i open hood i can see a little smoke. Went to drive again a few hours
later and car had no power when i was trying to go up hill. It was almost like it wasn't in drive. And once at top jurked and drove like ther was nothing wrong. Is it my catalyic converter?