94 Z28 LT1 Camshaft selection

I have a 1994 Z28 with a 5.7L LT1 (early LT1 design). I know the cam had a

0.300" lobe lift (and about 0.450" valve lift via the 1.5:1 rockers), the intake and exhaust are about the same. I don't know duration or lobe timing which is crucial for selecting a replacment cam. My Helm shop manual doesn't have this information and I can't find it online. Does anyone know it or know where to find it? OR Would anyone like to suggest a cam with a mild gain in mid-range torque? I want to stay with flat tappet, hydraulic lifters, and a relatively smooth idle. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply to
<stunned

The cam mfg's will discuss with you details that are too numerous for lotsa buyers to even comprehend--but will get to whatever level of understanding that fits the inquirer. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Yep. I know Comp Cams in particular have several cams designed for the LT1, and can work with you to determine which best fits your goals. I'm sure other manufacturers are similar.

John.

Reply to
John 'Shaggy' Kolesar