'97 RS V6 question

How much life is left in a '97 RS with V6/automatic adult driven in mostly city conditions with occasional road trip with 85,000 miles on it? I'm concerned with major issues such as timing belt/chain(?), transmission, etc.
life expectancy given history of like automobiles. Car has been maintained with regular scheduled maintenance, but local mechanic says we're reaching the point where major repairs could be imminent. Opinions?
TIA

Troll??
A conservative estimate is that you have 2/3 life left in your vehicle. Of course YMMV.
It has a chain, so no worries. You are looking at more than double + the current. I have seen them with 300K on them, with only standard maintenance, that run great. GM is very well know for solid trannies.
-- 98 Camaro

Thank you. I searched through Google and didn't see much written on that car, so I thought I would stop by here and ask the "Aficionados". It's been a very dependable car to date, but thought I should research further to see if there are any known "weak areas" to be aware of, and thus my visit here. I appreciate your considerate and kind response.
No prob. Let us know if you have any questions. There is a ton of knowledge around here. Your going to be happy with your fourth gen. Till later, see you boss.
-- 98 Camaro