98 Camaro, hard to start, and gas smell at first

Anyone ever had this problem, I have a 98 Camaro with the 3800 series V6 About 100,000 miles now. When the engine is cold it takes about 3 to 5 secs of turning over before it
starts and usually there is a strong gas smell, never have spotted a leak though. When the car is warmed up or turned off for a few mins to go in a store or something, it starts up like a new car, fuel filter has been replaced recently so that shouldn't be it, I'm not sure if maybe it's an injector,some sort of sensor or what. The car never hesitates or idles rough once started. Once in a while will get a smell of gas going down the road but not very often.
Anyone have these problems before? Know what to do? Thanks

Sounds like you have a bad fuel pressure regulator.
--
Zang! Who is that, rampaging on the mountains!
It's the VampireMuffinMan, hands clutching a meaty axe! And with a vengeful