98 Camaro XM antenna installation question

I have a 98 Camaro, and want to install a TERK XM11 antenna on it.

I was planning on mounting the receiver in the right rear of the car ( opposite the spare tire), but I guess under the passenger seat might work as well.

As far as the antenna is concerned, it looks like my options are 1)put it on the rear window( hatch )and try to route the two coaxial cables through the flexible boot and into the interior to the receiver or 2) mount it on the roof between the t-tops and the rear hatch, and somehow route the coaxial cables to the interior( it looks like I would need to make a small hole in the roof for this method)and to the receiver.

Any thoughts or experience on doing this?

ms

Reply to
mikes

I have a 94 Convertible Camaro. I mounted my Terk antenna in the of the trunk lid at the back towards the convertible. The cable just ducks between the convertible and trunk body and goes inside the trunk to where I mounted the receiving unit. Works great!

Drew

Reply to
Drew