98 T/A light replacement

I have a 98 T/A with the radio controls in the steering wheel. The light in the control on the left side has stopped working. I was told that I would have to buy the entire control unit to fix the light.
...that can't be true!? Has anyone ever replaced a bulb in the steering wheel controls? How difficult is that?

Well, if you do have to replace the whole thing, don't fret, they're not that expensive. Even Year One sells the controls for around $30 a side last time I checked.
Michael