99 TA and rotors

Hi,
I've got a 99 T/A with just over 38K miles on it and I've had to have the rotors ground at least 3 times since I got the car brand new from a pulsing
that keeps coming back. That seems like an awful high number for a car with the milage I've got. Does anyone else experience this? Is it normal to have the rotors need that much maintenance?
Thanks! -Jason

pulsing
with
I would not "grind" or turn them three times, even if they are over thickness. Once, fine, two times, maybe. After that just replace them. The thinner the rotors get, the worse they are at dissipating heat, and more likely to warp. After the second time they warped I would have tossed them and put on a new pair. Also are the lugs getting tightened with a torque wrench? Improper tightening of the lugs will warp the rotors. Greg
Greg O wrote:

OP might also consider SLOWING THE HECK DOWN.

Well, I guess I could but I don't think of myself as a particularly fast driver to begin with. I only drive 70-80 on the highways most of the time. I don't race or drag or anything. It'd be pretty bad if 70-80 is too much for the car to handle regularly.
Nobody wrote:

I was just posting for a little humor. The fact is, the OEM rotors are total crap. I had to replace mine at 22K.
Still have my OEM rears though.
70-80 on the Highway must be legal where you are. Ahh...I miss legal posted speeds of 80 in Colorado.
I will look into getting new rotors since that has been suggested a couple of times. I don't know if the lugs were tightened properly or not. Every time that I had them "fixed" was done by a dealer under warranty. Thanks, Jason
Driving trough high water after the brakes are hot can also cause warped rotors. Might try some drilled and slotted rotors as replacements.

pulsing
with
Just curious. Is it pulsating as in vibrating. It may be a bad wheel sensor causing your abs to go off. usually happens slowing down and almost stopped. I replaced all my brakes on my z71 and it still never went away until I found out it was a sensor.
Richard 01' WS6

pulsing
with

No this is definately the feel of a problem in the rotor, it's not at all like abs. It also seems to only happen on one wheel as I recall. -Jason

pulsing
with
From what I've seem to recall, I heard that the later F-bodies had some problems with warping rotors. Not sure what the problem was but I'm not surprised to hear that you're having problems with them too. I'd suggest getting some new rotors as the other posters have mentioned.
-Bruce
A real late follow up from me. I've since figured out that for whatever reason, one of my rotors has a spot that has a tendency to get rust forming on it very easily. -Jason
Jason Coleman wrote:

Jason,     That's fairly normal. You'll have surface rust, mostly from metal debris in the brake dust and partially from heat glazing and rust. It's not a very high point of concern. Drive it 5 mi. down the road and I'm willing to bet you'll see a nice shiny rotor.