A/C cutoff switch ?

Hello all,

I have a 99 Camaro, with the V6 and automatic trans.

When the car is going uphill, or otherwise under heavy load, the air condition cuts out. When the load is eased, the A/C comes back...

I've heard of A/C cutoff switches in the S10 & Sonoma, when equipped with the underpowered 2.2 liter 4 cylinder, but this 3.8 V6 makes 200 hp -- is there really a factory cutoff switch, or am I experiencing something else ?

Thanks in advance for any comments. :)

Reply to
John G.

I know the V8 models have an A/C cutoff (not sure if it is based on throttle position, RPM, or some combination). It's to keep the AC compressor from fragging itself. I'm not certain if/how this is done on the V6 models.

Reply to
zmike6