A/C HELP! Am I missing something?

This year my 93's formulas AC didnt kick on.. I figured OK, ill just recharge it. Got the kit from walmart, went to recharge it, and the compressor wount kick on.. So I bypassed the sensor on the low side if the AC to start the compressor. NO GO. Figured what the hey, checked engine codes. Surley enough AC Pressor sensor on the AC high side was reporting as bad. Today I put in the new pressure sensor on the High side of the AC, same thing. No compressor. I bypassed the sensor on the low side as in chiltons to kick the compressor on. Still wount go. Checked engine codes again and pressure sensor on the high side reports OK Pulled fuses for ECU anyway, put them back, still no compressor.

Am I missing something? please help!!

Reply to
zoobernaut

FYI ALL relays and fuses for AC are tested and working fine.

zoobernaut wrote:

Reply to
zoobernaut

Yea...the clutch

Reply to
aka-SBM

Of course they are. The clutch won't engage if the refrigerant level is low. Personally, I feel you need it serviced by some one competent in the field.

NOI

Reply to
noi

Well, hell...lemmie go on and give him the rough and short of it...LOL

1- If you dont know how to properly charge a unit, dont. 2- if you dont know how to properly troubleshoot one, dont.

Given that, its real simple..if you have more than 50PSI showing and the units not running, bypassing the LPS wont work, since its already in a closed contact position..unless its toast, and then, depending on how its toast, you can fry more. This is where having the proper tools comes into play, since you cant make a bad issue worse, with a meter. Ahhh...the meter..see..you should have 12VDC at the clutch harness, if everything else is running correct. If you DO, and its not engaged, then you need to check to see if the windings in the clutch are bad. If they are, and you dont know how to change it out, take it to a reputable repair shop and allow them to do it. Its relatively simple with the right tools, and you should even be able to wait a couple of hours for the work to be done.

Reply to
aka-SBM