a couple of questions

I have a 2000 Trans Am Firehawk, and the questions relate to this vehicle.
1. The fuel indicator is getting less accurate. It will take forever to get the 1/2 tank, then shoots down from there really fast. It has a
16 gallon tank. I would say that I burn 10-12 gallons by the time it reaches 1/2. I assume this means the float has a problem. Is this adjustable or fixable?
2. A few years ago I had the problem where I could not turn the car off. The key was stuck in the ON position and would not turn back and allow me to remove it. I had to get a new ignition. This is happening again. Is this a know issue? Is there some way to fix? I cleaned off the chip on the key to make sure it communicates with the ignition fine.
Thanks!

This is completely normal and it may be that you just noticed it. The tank is wedge shaped, with the smaller part of the wedge being at the bottom. Half a tank doesn't mean that you have 7.5 gallons or whatever left, the larger part (upper) of the wedge holds more fuel.
Unless it suddenly changed dramatically it's perfectly normal.