adjustable pressure regulator

Hi Group, For a while now I've been contemplating buying an adju' regulator. But I'm kind of unsure really. Not to sound like a dumb ass but it well known that
as pressure goes up volume goes down. so How exactly does the regulator help add HP. The only thing I can guess is that it atomizes the fuel better for better fuel/air mixture. Can someone let me know if I'm right. Or if not how the hell these thing help and how tknow what to set it at

The only reason that the volume would go down with added pressure is if you reduce the orifice size. The idea of increasing the fuel pressure to the fuel manifold is to allow more fuel through the injectors. I don't think that it is recommended unless you are upgrading other things in the engine compartment. Changing cam, throttle body, headers, exhaust can be the reasons. Do some research on fuel injection, there's plenty of things that you should know before just adding parts.

Actually that is not quite right. Increase the velocity and the pressure exerted on the walls of the hose/pipe will drop.

If you increase the fuel pump pressure, it will increase the amount (volume) of fuel you are to putting through the hose in a given period of time. This increases the amount of fuel going into the cylinder per cycle. More fuel in the cylinder = more fuel burned=more power.
Tom S
Tom S wrote:

oxygen into there to balance things out. IIRC around 14.7 to 1 used to be the mixture level you were shooting for. If you just increase the amount of fuel, and don't increase the oxygen, it will just burn rich and waste fuel.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI

Cy, more fuel BURNED does equal more power. It takes more oxygen of course to burn more fuel, but burned fuel is burned fuel.

Yes... but it will burn slower if too rich and WON'T produce more peak power.
--
Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6 terminal snipped-for-privacy@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Lancashire England http://www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk/terminal_crazy /

If it were burning so slowly as you imply it would be going out in the exhaust cycle. Which would pretty much make it UNBURNT fuel. So again I say, if it's getting burned in the combustion chambers, it's making pretty much making power. The only question is can you get enough air in to match the amount of fuel. If it burns then the answer is yes, you can. If not, then not all the fuel gets burned. Why is this so hard?
SgtSilicon wrote:

fuel flow into the engine does not create more fuel burned making more power unless you also increase the amount of oxygen. That is why NO2 makes more power so easily, since it provides a lot more oxy for the volume (not to mention the added power just from the denser air charge anyways.)
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI

I'll go along with all of that.