Air cleaner sources

Guys: I'm getting a higher profile intake for my '88 T/A with a Q-jet and stock hood. Does anybody know of a source for an air cleaner assembly with a dropped base, and with the good 'ol snorkel for cold air intake like the stock one?

Reply to
Andy Warren

Where did you find an 88 with a carb?

-rev

Andy Warren wrote:

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

oops. It's a transplant. I needed 120 more HP than the TPI supplied. It's setup the same as a 87. You can read about it here:

of the aftermarket cleaners for carbs are "open" type and can't use cold air. Everyone says just use one for a early '80s Corvette, which can't be found.

Reply to
Andy Warren

Perhaps the air intake from a late 90's Chrysler 5.2/5.9L will fit the carb and connect to the stock TPI air cleaner. They're very low profile.

There's nothing a QuadraBog can do that a TPI couldn't do better, except miserably fail an emissions inspection. Please tell me you saved the parts and didn't cut all the wires so the next owner can put it all back.

What's with the Camaro wheels?

-rev

Andy Warren wrote:

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Not only did I not cut the harness except to connect into the TCC and fan control lines, but I still have the original motor sleeping in the garage. The Camaro wheels were on it when I bought it, and since it has no badges on it, they help confuse people as to what that car actually is. I kinda lik'em. I'll check into the Chrysler air cleaner. I've never seen one, and it just might work. As far the humble Q-jet vs TPI goes, how about making horsepower from 5500 to 6500 rpm? Go back to the website, look for the spinning purple link, turn up the audio, and check out the video of the dyno pull. Now, imagine you're the TPI in the other lane... I rest my case.

Reply to
Andy Warren