Alarm / Horn problem on 2000 Camaro SS

Recently I have noticed a problem with my 2000 Camaro SS. It seems that sometimes after locking the car with the remote, the factory alarm (the horn
sounding off every second) goes off for no reason. I have had it happen in my own garage, in parking lot at work, etc. I am not sure what the factory alarm is originally supposed to do but it is sure not acting right. On top of that my battery has been dying and I wonder if the two are related. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.