Any Talk Of A New Firebird?

Back around the start of the year (2007) there was a lot of Internet talk of a Pontiac being allowed to design the next generation Firebird. All based on the release of photos from the up-coming 2009
(2010?) Camero. However, this has seem to have died down.
Having been off the Net for sometime, have lost track of the rumor mill. Has anyone heard anything? Been a Trans Am man since 1977 and currently on number 4 (1975, 1978, 1979 and currently a 1995, all are second hand.) Never was in the right position to buy a new one (paying for college, Carter's resession, getting married, buying house, graduate school having kids, normal life.) In 2002 there was no way I could come home and say "Honey, can I spend $ 35,000 for a NEW Trans Am?"
Now that I'm on the near side of 50, would sure like to buy a NEW one, ordered MY way before I check-out.
So, anyone hearing anything or know of a web site that keeps track? Have already E-Mail Pontiac through their web site and got the "Thanks for you comments, nice idea, will get back to you" response.
Pontiac has no plan to reintroduce to Firebird, there is talk however of bringing back the GTO for another try.
GM wants there to be a clearer distinction between the different divisions than what they have now. The plan is for each division to be aimed at a different segment of the market. Pontiac is supposed to go after the BMW market. I say good luck with that!

Allegedly there was to be a Camaro for the 08 model year to compete with the Mustang and the re-introduction of the Dodge Challenger. Apparently the Camaro is "vapor-ware". Even if GM does try to come out with a new "f-body", I doubt they split resources on doing both Camaro and Firebird.
Buy a decent mid-80's model, put some bux in it and enjoy cause I'm afraid the Bird is gone.
On Oct 13, 7:20 pm, "FBR" <firebirdracing- thinks spam sucks -

The new Camaro will debut soon. It's not just talk and auto show pictures.

While I'd like to see a new Firebird too, I think it's wise for GM to just offer one model and make it the very best they can.

My pick. The last generation 1LE car.
Patrick '93 Cobra
According to the chevy website when I looked the new Camaro is scheduled for late 2008 as part of the 2009 model year.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer/Analyst