Anyone heard of a Firebird S/A?

My brother bought this car from a friend. It is a 1990 Firebird S/A. Mfg date of 11/89. VIN 1G2FS23T9LL215597. We can't find any thing on it on the net. I have not located the build sheet, (any clues on where to look on this year?). The car looks as though it has never been repainted or any stickers or badges removed or added. It is all black, has the standard two pillar spoiler, not the wrap around T/A spoiler. It also has the ground affects. It has Firebird badges on both doors and S/A stickers under the doors on the ground affects. There are no markings at all on the front or in side on the dash anywhere. It also has a Firebird S/A sticker on the rear bumper, I think on the right side. It has 15" alluminum wheels. It is equiped with the electric latch on the hatch that snugs the hatch down but is not equiped with the power hatch release on the dash. It also has the V6 and 4 speed OD automatic trans. If any one has any insight it would be appriciated. You can respond here or e-mail is good. TIA BLS "Trying is the first step twards failure" - Homer Simpson

Reply to
BLS

I've seen two of these in the junk yards..(in Daytona FL.) ...one was red ,the other was white.....no motor in either one.... I didn't know what to think of it either......

It could be a dealer (only)option,....kinda like the SLP's first were, also Year-One had some made and also Carl Black...did the last "blackbird"

Best guess................Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

I remember that the Trans Am ground effects with the standard firebird spoiler were optional on the V-6 Firebird in 1990 to 1992. The '90's are quite rare being a short model yearand the only year the 1985 to 1990 Trans Am ground effects were available on Firebirds. I do not recall the SA designation, I recall only the standard Firebird emblems. The TA ground effects were not available on V-8 Firebirds in those years, you had to buy the full TA package in that case.

Check under the rear seats for the build sheet. Many times they are stuck in the seat spring underneath on the passenger side.

Reply to
Steve

Thanks Stan. I think this one was sold in Kankakee, Il. It is the only one I've seen and thought maybe someone screwed with the lettering. At least I know there are others. I'll have to find some production numbers now.

Reply to
BLS

Thanks for the info Steve. I'll look for some production numbers and reply if I find any.

Reply to
BLS

Let me know what ya find out.....I never could find an answer for the ones I saw.....Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Reply to
William Allen Morgan