Back end sliding??

I have been noticing that from a stop, like a stop sign or stop light, if I give it more than just the normal slow accelerate, the back end slides to the side and then takes off.. is this natural.. or is there something wrong?
I am not even flooring it for this to happen. Any ideas would be helpful.
--
Well, catch you later,
-KITT

Tires are the most likely culprit. Mine will only kick out on wet or slippery roads. Bridgestone Potenza RE 910. Decent in the wet and very good traction on the dry pavement. A little costly though at $100-150 per tire.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero
Newly updated
Some are wise and some are otherwise

if your tires are not spinning when this is happening then check under the car for loose sway arms or linkages,springs etc. if nothing is found you many need to check the frame for rust through. and if still nothing you'll need to beef up the linkage.

Panhard rod problem, maybe?
--
Zang! Who is that, rampaging on the mountains!
It's the VampireMuffinMan, hands clutching a meaty axe! And with a vengeful